Colosi Associates has created two blue-papers available to assist clients and candidates.
Keys To Candidate Success
First: Evaluate Yourself – What Are Your Greatest Accomplishments?
- Go beyond your assigned responsibilities and focus on accomplishments.
- Be an expert at marketing your accomplishments.
Second: Identify People/companies Who Can Help
- Get comfortable harvesting each “networking” opportunity.
- Identify 20 names and 20 companies who can connect you to others.
- Broad but narrow – who values your greatest accomplishments?
- Leads come from unexpected places.
- Be a giver. Be gracious and grateful.
- Strategize about call and email communication.
Third: Prepare For Specific Opportunities
- Reconsider your marketing collateral.
- Adjust approach to meetings depending on audience.
- Take the lead in the dance, but don’t step on feet!
- Concessions given that are not earned are not appreciated.
Ideas To Maximize Your Referral Network to Hire A-Players
Sixty to 70% of all open positions are hired via powerful referral networks. Are you reaching out to your network to identify exceptional candidates for your role?
Why is your referral network important?
- Motivated to help
- Confirmation of past performance
- Reduce costs
Colosi’s Three Step Program:
First: Identify Referral Resources
- Team Members
- Professional Services Providers
- Contacts/candidates from prior searches
- Professional Associations
- On-line networking sites
Second: Initiate Contact
- Who is most comfortable “networking”?
Third: Maximize The Value Of The Contact
- Who can build relationships quickly?
For the complete content of this blue paper and to learn how Colosi Associates can assist with your strategic job search, please CLICK HERE.